Everyone claims to be Irish on St. Patrick's Day. I know I do. Oh, wait, I actually am! I am part Scot-Irish. Somewhere along my Grand-mother's side...I think.
Oh well, even if I really wasn't, I am today!
Since many people go out to the bars (pubs) or at the very least eat corn beef and cabbage today, it is only fitting that I properly prepare you just in case the need may rise for you to say something...well...Irish.
Here are a few lines for you to say as you raise your green Guinness beer.
- May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
- Irish blessing
- May your home always be too small to hold your friends. –Irish toast
- May you never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten. –Irish blessing
- In Heaven there is no beer that’s why we drink it here! –Irish saying
- An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth. -Irish saying
- "A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have." -Unknown
- And finally: St. Patrick… one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish. –Charles M. Madigan
|Just in case you need it in Gaelic. (source: Irish-Sayings.com)|
Happy St. Patrick's Day!~Naila Moon