Today's challenge is to blog about tips or tricks for black Friday shopping.
Well, first of all there are two kinds of shoppers...those that LOVE it and those that HATE it.
Those that HATE it usually will mention to those of us that like to go on black Friday that we are crazy. They say things like,"Why would you go out in those crowds? Why would you want to put up with all those nuts?"
Or my personal favorite, "I hate crowds!"
My thought is do you ever go out then? But I digress.
As I am guessing you have already figured out, I am one of those nuts that like to get out on black Friday. I will admit though, I have not in the last two years because of transportation issues and not being with my family to do so.
1. For the love of God please wear good walking and standing shoes. You will be doing a lot of that!
2. Prepare ahead of time by looking at all the circulars. Decide which store you want to hit first and go there first. Then go in succession of which store you want to hit next.
3. Plan to leave your home approximately 2 hours ahead of time if you really want to get that bargain. Seriously! There will be a line a mile long waiting to one up you for the same thing. Once that hot item is gone, it is gone! Does anyone remember the Cabbage Patch Doll craze?
4. Know your stores! Know where you are going once you are in the store.
5. Go with a group. Before you get to the store divide and conquer. Each person go in the direction of one item and get for all. Then head for the same register.
6. Do not forget to do lunch! You might want to bring a bottle of water with you.
7. Do not kill someone because they just took that last hot item that your kid simply could not do with out or they would die this year. (whew!)
This is the holidays folks. Let's be good to our fellow human beings.
8. And finally: All in all, be kind to others as well. Make sure to buy or give to those Salvation Army folks or some other charity. They do good work.