Thursday, November 26, 2015
Many people are sitting down for Thanksgiving Dinner today. I have thought about who I would ask to come to dinner besides my family or friends. Assuming the people are still alive today, this is whom I would invite in no particular order.
1. Ellen DeGeneres-Come on, she would top my list because she is one funny gal. I am sure she would crack some jokes or something. Maybe she would bring me a new car or some awesome cash. I could use both right now. I suppose I would have to make sure I have some vegan dishes, though.
2. President Barack Obama-I would love to pick his brain about worldly stuff, not politics! I would just like to know what he really thinks about when the cameras are not in his face. I would also like to ask him questions that have been pondering my brain and need some answers. I would make sure that I did not serve the pardoned turkey for dinner. He gets to say the blessing.
3. Mark Zuckerberg-I would like to give him some ideas of how to run Facebook. I am sure he would look at me like I have four heads. I would also tell him face to face what everybody has been thinking he has screwed up. Then probably start a food fight with him. I am sure he would give me a thumbs up for that one.
4. Sean Connery-Simply because I think he is one sexy dude! Oh, and just to hear him talk. He gets to sit right next to me or me on his lap. Whatever.
5. Jack Dorsey (CEO of Twitter)-I would like for him to come and sit next to Zuckerberg. We would speak only in hashtags which I find quite humorous. He would tweet our entire dinner so that everyone knows that Ellen DeGeneres just spilt gravy in Sean Connery's lap, took a picture for Instagram and tweeted it. He would probably throw pumpkin pie as he is tweeting.
6. Mrs. Santa Claus-She never gets any credit for anything and deserves to get some. I mean geez, she fattens up the big guy all year long just so he can leave her for 24 hours. Not to mention she has to clean up after the elves all the time. She deserves the day off. She is sure to bring the pumpkin pie and keep the President entertained with her pleasantries.
7. Jimmy Fallon-I want him to come because he is sure to help Zuckerberg start the food fight. He probably will stuff the drumsticks in his pocket to take home to eat later. He might even play homage to Charlie Chaplin with them before he does. No doubt he will bring kid's musical instruments and want to sing Christmas carols with Mrs. Claus. He will get to sit at the head of the table next to Ellen as no doubt they both will keep us entertained. He will interview everyone and show the interview next night on his show.
I am bound to have a great dinner! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! ~Naila Moon
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
To me, pain is an everyday thing. Yes, I take meds for pain but it is not always helpful or even the solution. Recently, I was asked to review the Asana Fitness Muscle Rolling Stick, Can you say, heaven?
Seriously, this stick is helpful with relief of pain. Best yet, you do not need someone to rub your back, neck, or legs for you. Oh, no, you can use the stick by yourself to help get some pain relief. I tried using it on my back thinking there was absolutely no way. Well, I could not only use it by myself but got a little workout for my arms at the same time. ha!
See these ridges? Each one of those little ball like things turns and work themselves into your muscles as the do. The harder you push against your skin, the more pressure you will receive. It is like getting a massage with deep pressure tissue work. I can tell you that I generally needed someone to push pretty hard to get out muscle tension for me. With the Asana rolling stick, it was almost too much pressure when my husband used it on me.
Than handles are great two because they allow for firm gripping of the stick but yet little bitty dots on the handle give your hands and fingers a little massage too. Win!
All, in all, I am happy with this product and since others in my family like it too, I may just have to purchase a few to give as gifts. You will want to as well. That is a guarantee from me.
Disclosure: I received this stick for free in exchange for my open and honest opinion. The views here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Naila Moon
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Got GIVEAWAYS? Do you want to show them off? Would you like to have comments on those REVIEWS? Well, this is the place! Just strut your stuff here, and maybe you could leave a comment below while you’re at it. My blogger pal, Xmas Dolly and I co-host this linky every Tuesday! Sign in with our Linky so we all can see, and then everyone will know besides you and me. The title and ending date is all you really need and, of course, a link directly to your Give-Away or Review for super speed! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Monday, November 23, 2015
I along with many people in my family, have problems with their knees. My Mom has had one surgery already and is in need of another. This is of course and issue with pain and often with walking. Can you say, ouch!
I really was excited to get the New Genre Knee Brace because I did not have any support for my knees while walking. I have some awful pain at times. This looked like it would be a winner.
As knee braces go this is not bad as knee brace in my mind but I do not find overly better than another. It did go around my leg. but it was extremely tight and not as good fitting as I would have liked. I can only guess that is because my legs are bigger around. I dare to say that it would probably not work for an overly obese person at all. However, for anyone else, probably so.
Having said that, the brace does come with adjustable velcro straps which would help with fitting. The middle has a hole which allows for the kneecap to fit and have better comfortability. I think it would be good for smaller knee injuries or ongoing support of pained knees.
Overall, not a bad product and I do recommend it.
Disclosure: I received this brace at a deeply discounted price that allowed me to receive for free in exchange for my open and honest review.
The views expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Naila Moon
Well, here we are, Thanksgiving week in the U.S. This year has gone by way too fast and there have been many changes that have been happy and some difficult but in it all, I am always thankful for all the things the Creator gives me. I appreciate having a roof over my head, food on the table, family and friend to love, and the tiny miracles of every day.
I am also grateful that you come back every week to join me on Monday's Music Moves Me. I love dancing and spinning the tunes with my gals, Xmas Dolly our hostess and our co-hostess, Calli and Stacy. You ladies rock!
So, this week, if you have not already guessed is music about being thankful or Thanksgiving. Enjoy the music and Happy Thanksgiving ya all! ~Naila Moon
Sunday, November 22, 2015
It is almost Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and that means food and lots of it. I generally don't do the cooking. I am more of a Macy's Day Parade kind of gal than cook but, others do and food can get hot. When I have cooked, I have also been known to get burnt.
I did not want anyone else to get burnt and when I saw these gloves, I had to try them out or at least let the hubby try them out. As it turns out, we both did!
Right away I liked the fact that these Culinary Couture Cooking Gloves fit my hands. These are XL and will fit anyone's hands. That is a nice thing because who wants to be handling something hot with non-fitting gloves. The gloves are flexible too which allows me to hold different sized pots or tools for cooking. See those little dots. Those are to help with grip. I can be assured that I will have a firm hold on those pots and pans too.
Even though these gloves have a fancy name they are anything but "fancy". These gloves hold up to the heat. According to the company the gloves will work up to 650 degrees. Now, that is hot! I am hear to tell you that we have used them already to hold hot boiling pans off the stove and out of the oven too. The flexibility allows for grilling and all other sorts of cooking opportunities.
Check this out:
With Thanksgiving upon us and all the holiday events in December that requires food, you will want these.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Disclosure: I received these gloves with a discounted code so I could get the free in exchange for my open and honest opinion. The views expressed here are 100% my own or that of my family and may not reflect your opinions. ~Naila Moon
Saturday, November 21, 2015
I received a bottle of this Omega-3 Supreme 1400mg Fish Oil to review. I wanted it because my husband has heart issues and is supposed to take fish oil as a daily regiment.
The fish oil comes in capsules that are easy to swallow and yellow in color. My husband had no problems with swallowing them or absorbing them in his stomach. The really awesome thing was no fish burp after taste. As someone who also has taken fish oil in the past, that is a very nice thing!
This is what the company says with the benefits of taking Omega-3 Supreme:
- Improves Heart Health
- Balances Cholesterol Levels
- Facilitates in the Building and Maintenance of Joints and Bones
- Maintains Healthy Brain Function
- Supports Mood
- Helps Improve Vision Functions
- Aids in Growth, Repair, and Development of Muscles and Tissue
Disclosure: I received this product for free with a product code in exchange for my open and honest review. The reviews expressed here are 100% my own or that of my family and may differ from yours. ~Naila Moon